This video, the first in the BGF video series, is important to watch so you can stay safe while working out. Be sure you’ve also talked to your doctor or health care provider before starting an exercise program.
Safety Precautions: Follow these tips to help ensure a safe workout:
- Wear proper footwear.
- Drink water before and during workouts.
- Exercise at your own intensity level, using the tips provided to lower your intensity if necessary.
- Only complete as much of the video as you can, taking a break to recover (by marching) when necessary.
- Never stop abruptly. If you get tired, try to stay moving, even if you’re just walking in place.
- As you progress, try to finish the entire video or to repeat the video several times.
Extra Tip: Keep your movements big, but controlled! Once you feel like you can safely increase the challenge of an exercise, try squatting deeper, stepping higher or moving quickly to make it harder.